In 1991, the company MEFO was founded, which was founded by long-time friends Mr. Willi Liebl (born 1943, former German sidecar racer), and Mr. Jan Strach 1943 - 2019 (former motocross racer and state coach). The MEFO company was established primarily as a stone shop. In In 2001, Mr. Willi Liebl resigned from the company and Mr. Jan Strach became the sole owner. The company experienced relatively turbulent years, but remained true to motocross. After the death of Jan Strach, the company was bought by a long-time employee Jana Wolfschlägerová and became the sole owner of the company.